About Quality Pork Processors, Inc.?
Quality Pork Processors, Inc. is a privately held fresh pork meat processing and pork meat fabrication company located in Austin, Minnesota. We offer full-time employment on two shifts production with a weekly guarantee. We have over 1,300 employees and have been in operation for over thirty years (30yrs) with no layoffs.
Employee Benefits Are:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Optical insurance
- Life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Nine paid holidays, effective immediately upon hire
- Paid vacations begin after one year of service
- Short-term disability insurance after one year of service if injured or sick outside the plant
- 401K plan (after one year) of service with a company contribution
- Credit union loans and savings available through payroll deductions
What Else Does QPP Offer?
- Hot food cafeteria service
- Advancement opportunities--Many of our management team started in production
Where is Austin, Minnesota?
Austin is located in Southern Minnesota near the Iowa border. Austin has a population of over 23,000. It is 1 1/2 hours south of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 40 miles west of Rochester, Minnesota. The community of Austin has a lot to offer-- a 2-year college and technical school, a large YMCA, nice shopping malls, large city pool with water slide, new middle school with Olympic sized swimming pool, four elementary schools and a completely renovated high school with two gymnasiums. Austin has three large grocery stores, a community theater, nice downtown area, many different denominational churches (including a Catholic high school and elementary schools), and a new library.
Founder and Former CEO
Richard Knight was born and raised in Rockford, Illinois. He graduated from the University of Illinois in 1956 with a Bachelors of Science in Agricultural Economics.
He was employed by Swift & Company, the meat packing corporation for 31 years. In 1987 he started Quality Pork Processors, (QPP), his own custom meat operation located in Austin, Minnesota. He retired in 2000. Knight was been married for 55 years, had five children and ten grandchildren. He and his wife Kathrine bought a farm in Sauk County in 1979. Knight has been the Chairman of the Plan Commission for Excelsior Township since its formation in 2006.