Feeling Well & Living for Longevity
Did you know you actually can DO things that enhance your quality of life, unleash your youthful spirit and slow some effects of aging?
1. Get Physical! Regular walkers, movers, cyclists and joggers have more life satisfaction and lower levels of stress.
2. Eat like an Islander. Okinawans have a life expectancy among the highest in the world; their diet is made up of about 80% fruits and vegetables, 20% fish or protein sources.
3. Get a good night’s sleep. Get enough sleep in a regular sleep pattern and you’re likely to live longer.
4. Use sunscreen. It’s suggested to use a broad spectrum sunscreen with provides protection against UVA and UVB rays to prevent skin cancer and premature aging of the skin.
5. Stop smoking. Studies show smoking contributes to many health problems often associated with aging, including heart attacks, strokes, numerous cancers, cataracts, and even sagging skin.
The Quality Health & Wellness Clinic will be again offering the Health Assessment to ALL QPP employees as well as QPP employees’ spouses and dependents 18 years and older that are enrolled in the QPP Benefits Plan. The Health assessment is part of a larger effort to help employees become healthier. That healthier workforce lessens the amount of health care costs that otherwise would be shifted to employees through higher premiums, deductibles and co-insurance. It is also a way to get people to understand their health and, ultimately, to take action. It is not mandatory but highly encouraged! The Health assessment consists of; 1) Filling out a health questionnaire on paper or iPad 2) Blood draw for Cholesterol and fasting blood sugar and Height and weight 3) Following up with our provider on your lab results.
We at the clinic want to know what motivates you to be healthy and how we can support you! Watch for more to come on start dates and incentives!