Annual SQF Audit
QPP will have the SQF (Safe Quality Foods) audit August 15th -17th. An audit must be completed and passed every year to allow QPP to be SQF certified.
During the audit last year audit the following were found deficient:
· Condensation on production floors
· Boxes and bags for product stored on the floor
· Tape and plastic left on overheads from past plastic repairs
While QPP goes through the audit process, the auditor may ask you questions about your job duties, and :
· What is GMP? Good manufacturing practices, examples are fingernail polish, washing hands, wearing hairnets and beardnets.
· What is SQF? Safe Quality Foods.
· What is HACCP? Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point.
If you are not sure of the answers, ask a QS team member or your Supervisor. QS staff members will be randomly asking employees questions just as the auditor may do during the audit, this should assist you in feeling more comfortable when the auditor is here.
Things to remember:
A. No eating in the locker rooms.
B. No food or lunch containers can be stored in the lockers, this includes bottled beverages.
C. Remove outer frock when entering the restroom.
D. DO NOT handle boxes or totes with green gloves on.
E. Wash hands when entering the production floors.
If you have any questions or concerns contact your Supervisor or myself.
Angie Stout, QS Manager